Saturday, October 16, 2010

Vegan Month: Go!

Alright guys, so here's what's up; I have a new food challenge. Starting tomorrow, October 17th, 2010, I will be going vegan for a month.

Now, what could have prompted me to make such a dramatic change in my eating habits, especially seeing as I am addicted to cheese? I'm not going to lie; it mostly has to do with weight loss. That was one of the main goals of my first challenge back in May, but it didn't happen, and I figured out that the reason was probably because when I don't eat meat, I tend to make up for the loss with cheese. The obvious solution? Get rid of the cheese.

The second reason, which is also very big, is that by being vegan for a month, I'll be reducing my carbon footprint, and I like to be as environmentally friendly as I can.

The third reason; I just like the thought of the challenge. I want to see if I can do it. And what's more, I'm not doing it alone. The lovely Miss Holly Lehr will be joining me.

So stay tuned for updates, recipes, and probably rants about how much I miss cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment